The project control group provides management with quality and independent information on projects and planning, to ensure that capital projects are planned, executed and managed in the best possible way. Part of that team, you play a key role in the control of budget of specific capital projects.
Role Specific Accountabilities:
- Assist by placing purchase requisitions or pick tickets for material as required.
- Establish, manage and track all materials orders required for the projects.
Cost and cash management
- Work closely with contract administrator to monitor contractor costs.
- Work closely with Finance to review costs and cash report.
- Review cost and cash forecasts with the project manager and the planner.
- Compile consolidated costs and cash forecast report for his/her project portfolio
- Work closely with the project planning control coordinator to review monthly costs / cash report and forecasts and submit report on time
- Assist the project manager in gathering the information he/she will need to compile the project monthly reports.
Change management & control
- Keep track of all changes (scope, costs, and schedule) compared to the baseline project to enable to document and explain any variations.
- Estimate impact in term of cost of identified or forecasted changes.
Ensure that KPIs for all projects are in place and monitored by the project managers effectively.
Work closely with Engineering, project execution groups, Finance, IT and Supply Chain to facilitate project progress and continuously improve processes
Conform to all requirements as per project execution framework applicable to his/her portfolio
This list is not exhaustive and can be modified
- With excellent analytical and synthesis skills for financial and organizational information;
- Good knowledge in cost and cash management, forecast, accruals;
- Good Knowledge of construction, plant and infrastructure materials and methods;
- Proficiency with computing applications including Excel ;
- Good Knowledge in BAAN and EAM will be an asset ;
- Good understanding of the business;
- Ability to communicate in English and French (written and spoken);
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team;
- Flexible to the client needs;
- With minimum 5 years’ experience within construction project management area, preferably in a similar position within an industrial company;
- Holder of a Bachelor’s Degree.